Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Freezer Paper Stencils!

My mother in law dug up some freezer paper while we were at her house on the weekend and I got right to making stencils from it! Kade is in love with pirates, or so I'm told, so I printed off a pirate ship for him and cut out the stencil last night (along with my thumb!)

Then I found some more cheap shirts while out this morning, and whipped two more stencils this after work this afternoon. Kade is invited to a party this weekend so we did some pink butterflies for Lucy and a blue garbage truck for her garbage truck loving brother.

This was so easy to do! Honestly, it was much harder to find the freezer paper then it was to make the stencils and do the painting. If you're thinking of making your own stencils, there is a wonderful tutorial over on Made or give me a shout and I can whip something up for you.

Added my shirts to a linking party...if your coming from there, thanks for stopping by!



Here are the pictures to prove it!





6 comments:

  1. great job!!
    where did you get the pics for the stencils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your shirts came out great! Freezer paper stencils are so fun to make, and I'm always so impressed with the crisp edges you can get with this method. Every single time I go to a grocery store or anywhere else that totally should sell freezer paper, I check to see if they have it. They never do! I'm thinking about asking the local fancy grocery store (it's carpeted!) if they could start stocking it. I have used up the stash a blogger friend sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, this was a lot of fun! I want to make more!

    Sue, I just googled stencils and printed them off. The garbage truck I had to draw out but it was totally worth it!

    I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adaiha,
    I love your blog! I am on it every day and am planning a big granny square stash bust for probably the month of May!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Melissa! What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabric paint...i just got it at walmart (which i hate admitting) because there is no other craft supply place around here....yet...one day i will have my own craft shop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...